SACRIFICIAL COW BREAKS FOR FREEDOM


A Hari Raya Haji sacrificial cow gave International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) students the slip this morning in a last-gasp bid for freedom, according to The Star Online.

Image above: "Help me, help me..." 

Image above: The cow as if by intuition knew what was coming decides to break free and run for its life. Today is the first day of 'Hari Raya Haji - Aidiladha'. Marks the end of Haj pilgrimage period. Muslims sacrifice animals on this day


Undergraduate law student Syed Azharul Asriq posted regular updates on a IIUM student Facebook group, while other students added their photos, as the cow hunt unfolded.

“A cow has escaped in IIUM. Motorbikes tried to block it but to no avail. Don’t die before your time is up. Fight until the death. When there’s a will there’s a way,” Syed Azharul wrote.

One of the pictures posted clearly shows the cow in flight with a man in hot pursuit. The unusual event divided students, with some hoping the heifer would taste the sweet grass of home, while others rooted for the pursuers.

“I had planned to eat after prayers, this morning, but when I went back to the dorms, I saw all the cafes were closed. I felt dejected and hungry. I got back to my dorm and sat at my study table, contemplating the future. When I looked out the window I saw a cow running – snap snap! I took a photo,” Syed Azharul said to the news portal.

While the fate of this particular cow remains unknown, more cows were sacrificed as part of an annual university tradition for Hari Raya Haji, with the meat shared among students, the public and the poor.

CONTRIBUTION:

No comments:

A GRAVE VISIT DURING GRAVEYARD SHIFT AT THE POLICE STATION

Cops on graveyard shift duty at Bandar Hilir police station experienced an incident that sent a chilling shock straight to their spines....