Image above: House burnt caused by a loosely stored 9 volt battery
A 9 volt battery had literally burnt down a house when it was loosely stored in his garage. The battery was kept along with other used batteries in a paper bag meant for recycling later. However, the batteries were not sealed to prevent short circuit and the terminals from different batteries came in contact with each other. This is what happened in a razed house in Denver, Colorado
Image: The house before it was burnt
Image: The bedroom
Image: The kitchen
David Miller called the 911 rescue when he was still in the burning house that has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The 911 respondent requested him to hang up the phone and evacuate the residence.
Image: David Miller
He says that he least expected a 9 volt battery to be the cause that could burn down his beautiful house.
Image above: What is left of the house.
Please see the video here for more details:
Video above: The house that was burnt caused by the 9 volt batteries
Video above: A demonstration how 9 volt battery can easily cause fire