The 2nd Ten Commandments
The 2nd TEN COMMANDMENTS.
1. Thou shall not worry,
for worry is the most unproductive of ALL human activities.
2. Thou shall not fear,
for most of the things we fear never come to pass.
3. Thou shall not cross bridges before you come to them,
for no one has yet succeeded in accomplishing this.
4. Thou shall face each problem as it comes,
for you can only handle one at a time anyway.
5. Thou shall not take problems to bed with you,
for they make very poor bedfellows.
6. Thou shall not borrow other people's problems,
for they can better care for them than you can.
7. Thou shall not try to relive yesterday for good or ill,
for it is forever gone. Concentrate on what is happening
in your life now & be happy.
8. Thou shall be a good listener,
for only when you listen, do you hear ideas different than
your own. It is hard to learn something new when you are
talking & some people do know more than you do.
9. Thou shall not be 'bogged down' by frustration,
for 90% of it is rooted in self-pity and will only
interfere with positive action.
10. Thou shall count thy blessings,
never overlooking the small ones,
for a lot of small blessings add up to a big one.
- By Ruth Bourdon